We are looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to order supplies and materials, and labor services based on our company’s needs in a support position to our operations manager.
Purchasing Coordinator responsibilities include researching new vendors, placing orders, tracking deliveries and updating order records (e.g. dates, invoices and discounts.) If you’re familiar with supply chain procedures and have experience purchasing materials in the home remodeling industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will purchase and maintain orders for a variety of products and materials to ensure our projects run smooth and efficiently.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal database with order details (dates, vendors, quantities, discounts)
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Prepare cost analyses
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Liaise with warehouse staff, project managers, and production coordinators to ensure all products arrive in good condition and inform staff of arrival dates
- Liaise with designers and salespeople to ensure order accuracy
- Work experience as a Purchasing Assistant, Purchasing Officer or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Hands-on experience with purchasing and project management software
- Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational skills